Open Call for 2023 Volunteers
The ACM SIGCAS/SIGCHI Conference on Computing and Sustainable Societies (COMPASS) welcomes volunteers to serve on the Compass 2023 conference organising committee. The conference will be held in Cape Town, South Africa, from August 16 to 19, 2023.
This year’s conference is marked by exciting new changes and additional roles to continue promoting multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary research and practice that addresses key challenges for sustainable societies. See https://compass.acm.org/ for more details.
We currently have the following chairing roles open:
- Sponsorship Chair
- Industry Chair
- Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility Chair
- Sustainability Chair
- Virtual Conference Chair
- Publicity Chair (Web and social media)
- Program Chair (coordinating the overall technical program and schedule, liaising with Journal, and role of publications chair)
- Poster/Short Papers Chair
- Doctoral Consortium (junior co-chair)
- Local Student Volunteer Chair
The above positions are open for those interested in direct chairing and for those interested in acting in a more supportive capacity within that role.
Interest in serving on the committee requires completing a short Google form. The following information will be required:
- Personal information: name, email, affiliation and position, and country of residence
- Brief motivation of interest
- Prior involvement in conferences: ie organizing; submitting papers; volunteering
Please complete the following application form: https://forms.gle/ZqPZKxx7QV3x1FAr6 by 10th December 2022
- The deadline for expressing interest is [10th December 2022]
- Notification of acceptance [within 2 weeks]
If you have any questions about the conference, the roles, or the committee, please feel free to reach out to the conference general chair, Melissa Densmore: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will run all volunteer names through the ACM Sanctions database prior to the appointment and give you the opportunity to decline.