The organizing committee of ACM COMPASS 2022 is looking for active student volunteers to keep the conference proceedings running smoothly to ensure a successful conference. We invite enthusiastic and reliable SVs to help us run ACM COMPASS 2022.
Student volunteers would be responsible for helping with various tasks across the ACM COMPASS 2022 conference. These include support with organizing demo, and poster sessions, staffing the registration desk, ensuring that the presentation laptop, and streaming are set up. Student volunteers are also responsible for managing the Q&A sessions for both on-site participants and the participants attending the conference remotely.
The student volunteers get an unique opportunity to contribute to the organization of a conference, and interact closely with authors, and peers, building their professional network. In addition to their contributions, they’d be presented with a full conference pass providing access to the paper, poster, and demo sessions. The conference will be held between 29 June – 1 July 2022. All student volunteers will need to be present in-person at the conference venue in Seattle, WA.
What are the expectations from a Student Volunteer?
As a student volunteer, you are expected to:
- Attend the conference in person and help with organizing poster sessions, staffing the registration desk, ensuring presentations are functional and streaming correctly, relay the questions from an online attendees to the in-person attendees and vice-versa to create an inclusive and engaging hybrid conference experience.
- Attend the orientation meeting before the conference and understand the assigned volunteering schedule.
- Be present during the intended volunteering slot.
Eligibility, Application and Selection
To be eligible to be a student volunteer, applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate, masters, or doctoral program during the conference period. Students who are graduating at the time of the conference are also eligible to apply.
Being a student volunteer waives your conference registration fees only and does not provide travel funding. We will prioritize student authors with accepted papers, posters, or demos for the student volunteer positions to reduce their registration expenses. Please fill out the form present at this link to apply for the position.
All Student Volunteers will have time to attend, and participate in the sessions during the conference.
- Student Volunteer Application Deadline: 23 May 2022
- Confirmation of acceptance of Student Volunteers: before 30 May 2022 (tentative)