ACM SIGCAS & SIGCHI
Computing and Sustainable Societies
June 29 to July 1 • Seattle, USA
Co-located with ICTD 2022
Registration, travel information, and scholarships are up!
Scholarship applications are all due in May.
Call for demos:
Demo submissions are due May 16. View the detailed call for demos here.
ACM COMPASS will be held June 29-July 1, 2022, at the University of Washington in Seattle, USA! We are planning for an in-person conference with plenary research talks live streamed. However the conference format is subject to change due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. COMPASS will be co-located with ICTD, which will be held June 27-29.
Inspired by the broad agenda of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ACM COMPASS is an international forum for the presentation and publication of original research that supports the growth of sustainable societies worldwide, from a broad array of disciplines including computer and information sciences, social sciences, environmental sciences, and engineering.
The ACM COMPASS community has a particular commitment to approaches and research that address the challenges faced by under-represented and marginalized communities, and explicitly promotes multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary research and practice that address key challenges for sustainable societies including, but not limited to, equity, health, education, poverty, accessibility, conservation, climate change, energy, infrastructure and economic growth. We also welcome research on the ethics of technology, especially from a critical perspective, that explores limitations and concerns with technology-led solutions for sustainable societies.
First Round Submissions
29 October, 2021: Full paper submission (new papers; deadline postponed due to server outage) 20 December, 2021: Author notification (accept, reject, or revise & resubmit) 17 January, 2022: Accepted paper camera-ready files due
Second Round Submissions
2 March, 2022: Full paper submission (new papers + revised first round submissions) 25 April, 2022: Author notification (accept or reject)
- 16 May, 2022: Accepted paper camera-ready files due
Notes & Posters
30 March, 2022: Notes & Posters submissions due 25 April, 2022: Author notification (accept or reject)
- 16 May, 2022: Camera-ready files due for accepted submissions
- 16 May, 2022, 11:59pm AoE: Deadline for demo submissions
- 30 May, 2022: Notification of acceptance
- 15 June, 2022: Camera-ready deadline for accepted submissions
Travel grants and student volunteers
- 9 May, 2022: Deadline for Gary Marsden Travel Award application
- 23 May, 2022: Deadline for Meta and COMPASS travel grant applications
- 23 May, 2022: Deadline for student volunteer applications
- 30 May, 2022: Confirmation for accepted student volunteers (tentative)
- 8 June, 2022: Early registration deadline
- 29 June to 1 July, 2022: ACM COMPASS 2022 Conference in Seattle